Industrial Designer APPLY NOW
Mile Marker Industries, Inc. is in the process of expanding its Research and Development Team. We are searching for the right candidate to assist in re-styling/re-configuring the current product. This candidate will also assist in styling and designing future products that we have in process and are planning to bring to market soon. A perfect fit for this role would be someone that is artistic, creative, conceptual, but also has a basic understanding of manufacturing processes and mechanical design. The Industrial Designer will work with the Engineers to create high quality products that feature both aesthetics and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creating a variety of paper sketches for new products
· Create 3D concepts, designs, and renderings using SOLIDWORKS
· Present Visual Story Boards and other work to Management
· Assist Engineering in creating content for Design Reviews
· Work on multiple projects in parallel
· Organize and plan with team members accordingly to meet project milestones and deadlines
· Collaborate with Engineering team in creating new products
· Drawing and sketching
· 3D modeling, primarily styling/surface modeling (Engineering uses Solidworks)
· 3D rendering
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office programs)
· Attention to detail
· Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and mechanical design
· Knowledge of the automotive/off-road/aftermarket industry
· Design experience for the automotive/off-road/aftermarket industry
· Experience designing end consumer products and goods (preferably in outdoor/rugged environments)
· Creating animations and real-life visuals
· Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent work experience
· Experience of all levels will be considered; pay will be based on education and experience
· Portfolio/visuals of past designs will be requested
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. This position works in an office, and a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, forklift, box cutters, drills, and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
5-10 % travel is expected.
Mile Marker designs and manufactures innovative, high-quality, and highly durable products for off-road and military vehicles. Our products include premium locking hubs, conversion kits, electric winches, and our legendary hydraulic winch system. We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization and a TACOM approved supplier to the US Military.2022-12-01|||Florida, Pompano Beach|||Mile Marker||||||CTnLtCY-oL~dWiKp|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false